- 1. Who is collecting?
- 2. What are cookies?
- 3. What is the Purpose of cookies?
- 4. How do We use the cookies?
- 4.1. Duration of the cookie we use.
- 5. Uses of Google Analytics on Our Website
- 6. How can You control or Delete cookies?
- 6.1. Control via your browser settings?
- 7. How Do We Keep this notice Updated?
- 8. How can you Contact Data Secure?
At Data secure (“us”, “we”, “Our” or the “company”) we value your Privacy and the importance of safeguarding your data.
Like many other organizations, we use technology on our website to collect information that helps us enhance your experience and our products and services. The cookies that we use at Data Secure allow our website to work and help us to understand what information and advertising is most useful to visitors.
Data Secure sets and accesses our own cookies on Sites operated by Data Secure. In addition, we use third party cookies, like Google Analytics
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our cookie practices and let us know if you have any questions by submitting a request through the “Contact Us” form on our websites.
1. Who is collecting?
Any personal data provided to or collected by Data Secure via cookies and other tracking technologies is controlled by Data Secure.
This Cookie Notice applies to any websites, apps, branded pages on third-party platforms (such as Facebook or YouTube), and applications accessed or used through such websites or third-party platforms (hereinafter, “our websites”) which are operated by or on behalf of Data Secure. References to “Data Secure” in this Notice means the companies within the Data Secure Group including subsidiaries, affiliates, joint ventures and franchises that you are interacting with or have a business relationship with (hereinafter, “Data Secure Group”). Find out more about the Data Secure Group at https://www.datasecure.ind.in/.
The section below summaries the different types of cookies we use on our websites, together with their respective purpose and provides you with the ability to manage these cookies.
Data Secure will only collect, use or disclose your personal data where it is fair and lawful to do so.
For a more detailed understanding of how we use personal data collected by Data Secure cookies, please refer to our Privacy Notice | Data Secure https://www.datasecure.ind.in/.
2. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file with information that your browser stores on your device. Information in these files is typically shared with the owner of the site in addition to potential partners and third parties to that business.
Cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies (collectively ‘cookies’) are files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to any internet enabled device – such as your computer, smartphone, or tablet – when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. The collection of this information may be used in the function of the site and/or to improve your experience. Cookies do lots of different and useful jobs, such as remembering your preferences, generally improving your online experience, and helping us to offer you the best products and services.
There are many types of cookies. They all work in the same way but have minor differences. For a detailed list of cookies used on our websites, please refer to the relevant section below.
3. What is the Purpose of cookies?
The cookies you consent to are also used to collect your personal data which we then profile into audiences so that we can deliver targeted advertising tailored to your interests and limit the number of times you see an advertisement. For more detailed information about the profiling activities Data Secure undertakes with your personal data for advertising, please see our Privacy Notice | Data Secure https://www.datasecure.ind.in/. We also insert cookies in emails and newsletters to improve our content and advertising.
4. How do We use the cookies?
The cookies used on Data Secure websites may be generally categorized as follow:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies- As a web application, we require certain necessary cookies to run our services. These cookies do not identify you as an individual.
- Performance Cookies- These cookies do not identify you as an individual.
- Functionality Cookies- The information these cookies collect may include personal data that you have disclosed.
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies- Most types of these cookies track consumers via their Device ID or IP address therefore they may collect personal data.
- Third-Party Cookies- Based on the type of cookies used by the relevant third- party, the information these cookies collect may include personal data.
The cookies used on Data Secure websites may be generally categorized as follow:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies- These cookies are essential to make Data Secure websites work correctly, they enable you to move around our websites and use our features. Without these cookies, services like remembering previous actions (e.g., entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session. o Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? o These cookies do not identify you as an individual. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance of the website, or parts of it.
- Performance Cookies- These cookies collect information about how you use our websites, for instance which pages you go to most often, the time spent on our websites, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. These cookies are also used to let affiliates know if you came to one of our websites from an affiliate and if your visit resulted in the use or purchase of a product or service from us, including details of the product or service purchased. This will help us improve the performance of our websites. o Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? o These cookies do not identify you as an individual. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality Cookies- These cookies allow our websites to remember the choices you make (such as your username, language or the region you are in) to provide a more personalized online experience. These cookies may also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts, and other parts of web pages that you can customize. Similarly, they may be used to keep track of what featured products have been viewed to avoid repetition, and to enable you to engage with social tools, such as blogs, chatrooms and forums. o Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? o The information these cookies collect may include personal data that you have disclosed. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance and functionality of the website and may restrict access to content on the website.
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies- These cookies are used to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to deliver targeted advertising or limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns on Data Secure and non-Data Secure websites. They remember that you have visited one of our websites and this information is shared with other parties, including advertisers and our agencies. These cookies may also be linked to site functionality provided by third parties. o Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? o Most types of these cookies track consumers via their Device ID or IP address therefore they may collect personal data.
- Third-Party Cookies- We use a few partners that may also set cookies on your device on our behalf when you visit our websites to allow them to deliver tailored Data Secure advertising within their domains, for example Facebook and Google DoubleClick. We endeavor to identify these cookies before they are used so that you can decide whether you wish to accept them or not. We also use several partners to provide digital experiences and functionalities on our websites. For example, while browsing Data Secure websites you may be served cookies from third parties who provide some of its features on our websites (e.g., a YouTube video), although you have withdrawn or declined your consent to our cookies. This happens because you have directly given your consent to the use of their cookies. In such cases, you should directly withdraw your consent on the relevant third-party website. o Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? o Based on the type of cookies used by the relevant third-party, the information these cookies collect may include personal data.
4.1. Duration of the cookie we use.
In terms of duration, we may use two different types of cookies on
- Session Cookies- These cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave our websites; or
- Persistent Cookies- These cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you manually delete them (how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie, as well as your browser settings, as stated below).
5. Uses of Google Analytics on Our Website
Our website uses third party cookies from Google Analytics and
Google Advertising Features which enable Google Analytics to collect
data about the traffic on the website via Google advertising cookies
and identifiers, in addition to data collected through a standard
Google Analytics implementation.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings Feature on Google. By clicking Ads Settings, you will be taken out of this website and to Google where you can control the information Google uses to show you ads. In addition, you can use Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on to disable tracking by Google Analytics. You can also find more information about Google Analytics here.
Data Secure will not identify users or facilitate the merging of personal information with non-personal information collected through any Google advertising product or feature unless we have your prior affirmative (i.e., opt-in) consent to that identification and merger and are using a Google Analytics feature that expressly supports such identification or merger. We will not disaggregate data that Google reports in aggregate.
6. How can You control or Delete cookies?
There are many ways to manage your cookies:
You can refuse your consent;
You can disable Data Secure or third-party cookies by use of your browser settings or
You can use our cookie management tool to disable Data Secure or third-party cookies. You will find a link on this on every page.
6.1. Control via your browser settings?
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept
cookies. If you do not want our websites to store cookies on your
device, you can change your browser settings so that you receive a
warning before certain cookies are stored. You can also adjust your
settings so that your browser refuses most of our cookies or only
certain cookies from third parties. You can also withdraw your
consent to cookies by deleting the cookies that have already been
If you disable the cookies that we use, this may impact your experience while on the Data Secure website, for example you may not be able to visit certain areas of a website or you may not receive personalized information when you visit a website.
If you use different devices to view and access the Data Secure website (e.g., your computer, smartphone, tablet) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
The procedures for changing your settings and cookies differ from browser to browser. If necessary, use the help function on your browser or click on one of the links below to go directly to the user manual for your browser.
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
In addition to adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser, many advertising companies that may collect anonymous information for advertising targeting purposes are also members of the Digital Advertising Alliance or the Network Advertising Initiative, both of which provide an opt-out from advertisement targeting by their members. You can find more information on these opt-out capabilities on www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org.
7. How Do We Keep this notice Updated?
Data Secure may change the provisions of this Cookies Notice at any time and will always post the most up-to-date version on our website. When we post changes to this Notice, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of this Notice.
8. How can you Contact Data Secure?
If you have any questions or concerns about Data Secure’s Cookies Notice or data processing or if you would like to make a complaint about a possible breach of local privacy laws, please do so by sending an email or submitting a request through the “Contact Us” form on our websites or by email at: email@example.com.