- 1.1. Scope
- 1.2. Processing Activities?
- 2. What Personal Data We Collect?
- 3. How do we collect your Personal Data?
- 3.1. What are Cookies?
- 3.3. How to control your cookies?
- 4. Purpose and Legal Basis for the Processing of Personal Data
- 5. Who will it be Shared with?
- 6. How do we Protect your Personal Data?
- 7. How Long do we keep your Personal Data?
- 8. What are Your Rights?
- 9. How can you Contact Data Secure?
- 8. What are Your Rights?
At Data secure (“us”, “we”, “Our” or the “company”) we value your Privacy and the importance of safeguarding your data. This Privacy Notice describes our privacy practices for the activities set out below. As per your rights, we inform you how we collect, store, access, and otherwise process information relating to individuals. In this notice, personal data (“Personal Data”) refers to any information that on its own, or in combination with other available information, can identify an individual.
We are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the high level of the Privacy regulations. As such, we follow the obligations under the below;
• India Digital Personal Data Protection Act 2023
• India Information Technology Act 2000 and its amendments
• EU General Data Protection Regulation
• California Consumer Protection Act
• Brazil LGPD
• UK General Data Protection Regulation and UK Data Protection Act 2018
This notice applies at Data secure websites, domains and applications, services, and Products.
1.2. Processing Activities?
This notice applies when you interact with us by doing any of the following:
• Make use of our website, application, and services as an authorized user
• Visit any of our website that link to this Privacy Statement
• To process your payments, if you purchase our products, to provide you with
your order status, deal with your enquiries and requests, and assess and handle any complaints.
• To process and answer your inquiries or to contact you to answer your questions and/or requests;
• To develop and improve our products, services, communication methods and the functionality of our websites.
• For the purposes of competitions or promotions that you have entered.
• To communicate information to you and to manage your registration and/or subscription to our newsletter or other communications.
• To manage our everyday business needs regarding your participation in our contests, sweepstakes or promotional activities or request.
• To authenticate the identity of individuals contacting us by telephone, electronic means or otherwise.
• For internal training and quality assurance purposes.
• To understand and assess the interests, wants, and changing needs of consumers, to improve our website, our current products, and services, and/or developing new products and services; and
• To provide personalised products, communications, and targeted advertising as well as product recommendations to you. When we collect and use your personal data for the purposes mentioned above or for other purposes, we will inform you before or at the time of collection.
Where appropriate, we will ask for your consent to process the personal data. Where you have given consent for processing activities, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
2. What Personal Data We Collect?
Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual.
You are not required to provide Data Secure with the personal data that we request, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, or with a high quality of service or respond to any queries you may have.
Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual.
We do not collect any PII from visitors to this site who merely browse or access any content. However, if a visitor wishes to access additional services of members or participate through surveys, polls, blogs, discussion board, they might be requested to register. Registration entails filling up of a form that may contain some attributes of Personal Data.
When you access Data Secure website from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit. The websites keep track of the pages a user may visit by appropriately capturing the IP addresses, browser information, etc. using cookies. The information collected using cookies might be used for analysis of user behavior.
3. How do we collect your Personal Data?
We may collect personal data from a variety of sources. This includes:
• From You: - You may give us your Account Information, Payment Information, Financial Information, Demographic Data, Purchase Information, content, feedback, Product Information, by filling in forms, using our products or services, entering information online or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes Personal Data you provide, for example, when you:
o Create an account or purchase product on our website;
o Use our product or services;
o Create content through our product and services;
o Express interest in our product or services;
o Subscribe to our newsletter;
o Complete a voluntary market research survey, surveys, polls, blogs and discussion board;
o Contact us with an inquiry or to report a problem (by phone, email, social media, or messaging service);
o When you log in to our website via social media;
• Automated technologies or interactions: - As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect following types of data (all as describe above); device about your equipment, Usage Data about your browsing actions and patterns, and Contact Data where task carried out via our website remain uncompleted, such as incomplete orders or activities. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please visit our cookies section (below) and Cookies Policy/Notice for further details
• Third Parties: - We may receive Personal Data about you from various third parties, including;
o Device and usage data from third parties, including analytics provider such as Google;
o Account information from social media when you log in to our website using social media platforms;
o Content from communication services, including email providers and social network, when you give us permission to access your data on such third-party services or networks;
If you provide us, or our service providers, with any Personal Data relating to other individuals, you represent that you have the authority to do so and acknowledge that it will be used in accordance with this notice. If you believe that your Personal Data has been provided to us improperly, or to otherwise exercise your rights relating to your personal data (below section in this notice), please contact us by using the information set out in the “Contact us” section below.
3.1. What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small file with information that your browser stores on your device. Information in these files is typically shared with the owner of the site in addition to potential partners and third parties to that business. The collection of this information may be used in the function of the site and/or to improve your experience.
To give you the best experience possible, we use the following types of cookies;
• Strictly Necessary- As a web application, we require certain necessary cookies to run our services.
• Preference: -
o We use preference cookies to help us remember the way you like to use our services.
o Some cookies are used to personalize content and present you with a tailored experience. For example, the location could be used to give you services and offers in your area.
3.3. How to control your cookies?
As long as the cookie is not strictly necessary, you may opt in or out of the cookies to use at any time. To alter the way in which we collect information from you, visit our cookies policy and cookies Manage.
4. Purpose and Legal Basis for the Processing of Personal Data
We collect and use your Personal Data with your consent to provide, maintain, and develop our products, services and understand how to improve them. These Purpose includes:
• To deliver your product or service.
• To fulfill orders including electronic and non- electronic shipments.
• Building a safe and Secure Environment.
• To verify or authenticate your identity.
• Investigate and prevent security incidents such as breach, attacks and hacks.
• Providing, Developing, and Improving our Products and Services.
• Enable you to access Data Secure services and set up accounts.
• Provide you with technical and customer support.
• Organize and Deliver Advertising and Marketing.
• Send you Newsletters and other marketing communication about current and future products, programs and services, events, surveys, and promotions held by us or hosted our behalf; and
• Organize events or register attendees and schedule meetings for events. Where we process your Personal Data to provide a product or service, we do so because it is necessary to perform contractual obligations. All of the above processes are necessary in our legitimate interests to provide products and services and to maintain our relationship with you and to protect our business, for example against fraud. Consent will be any changes are made to the type of data collected. Within our contract, if you fail to provide consent, some services may not be available to you.
5. Who will it be Shared with?
Data Secure shares your personal data internally and with selected third parties. For example, we share your personal data with third-party service providers, other third parties, as well as in case of business transfers or legal disclosure in the following circumstances:
• Third-party service providers- In order to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, fulfil your orders, coupons, enable you to participate in sweepstakes or make various other features, services and materials available to you through our websites we share your personal data with third-party service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as companies that: host or operate Data Secure’s websites, process payments, analyze data, provide customer service, postal or delivery services, and sponsors or other third-parties that participate in or administer our promotions. They have access to personal data needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process this personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws and regulations.
• Other third parties- Your personal data will also be used by us or shared with our sponsors, advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, social media networks, and analytics companies or other third parties in connection with marketing, promotional, data enrichment and other offers, as well as product information.
• Business transfers- Your personal data will be used by us or shared for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, your personal data generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, you consent otherwise). If another entity acquires us, our businesses or substantially all or part of our assets, or assets related to Data Secure’s websites, your personal data will be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such personal data will be considered an asset of ours and as such it is possible, it will be sold or transferred to third parties.
• Legal disclosure- We may transfer and disclose your personal data to third parties: -
o To comply with a legal obligation;
o When we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it;
o At the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation;
o To detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities;
o To respond to an emergency; or otherwise
o To protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third-parties, visitors to
Data Secure’s websites, Data Secure or the public
6. How do we Protect your Personal Data?
Data Secure takes the security of your personal data very seriously. We make every effort to protect your personal data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure.
Our measures include implementing appropriate access controls, investing in the latest Information Security Capabilities to protect the IT environments we leverage, and ensuring we encrypt, pseudonymize and anonymize personal data wherever possible.
Access to your personal data is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis and subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations when processed by third parties.
7. How Long do we keep your Personal Data?
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, where you make a purchase online with us, we will keep the data related to your purchase, so we can perform the specific contract you have entered and after that, we will keep the personal data for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to the purchase.
Your data may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us and to ensure that you receive any loyalty rewards which are due to you. We retain the identifiable data we collect directly for targeting purposes for as little time as possible, after which we employ measures to permanently delete it.
We will actively review the personal data we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymize it, when there is no longer a legal, business or consumer need for it to be retained.
8. What are Your Rights?
Where we process your personal data, you have several rights over how the data is processed and can exercise these rights at any point. We have provided an overview of these rights below together with what this entails for you. You can exercise your rights by submitting a request through the “Contact Us” form on the brand website.
• Right to access information- You have the right to access and obtain data you have previously given consent, for processing of personal data. We understand the importance of this and should you want to exercise your rights, please contact us.
• Right to correction and erasure- You have the right to correction, completion, updating and erasure of personal data for the processing of which you have previously given consent. We understand the importance of this and should you want to exercise your rights, please contact us.
• Right of grievance redressal- You have the right to have readily available means of grievance redressal provided by a Data Fiduciary or Consent Manager in respect of any act or omission of such Data Fiduciary or Consent Manager regarding the performance of its obligations in relation to the personal data of such Data Principal or the exercise of Data Principal rights.
• Right to nominate- You have right to nominate, in such manner as may be prescribed, any other individual, who shall, in the event of death or incapacity of the Data Principal.
Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection Board in your Country.
9. How can you Contact Data Secure?
If you have any questions or concerns about Data Secure’s Privacy Notice or data processing or if you would like to make a complaint about a possible breach of local privacy laws, please do so by sending an email or submitting a request through the “Contact Us” form on our websites or by email at: Info@datasecure.ind.in
10. How Do We Keep this notice Updated?
We will update this Privacy Notice when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our products and services. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of this Notice. If the changes are significant, we will provide more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of Privacy Notice changes). We will also keep prior versions of this Privacy Notice in an archive for your review.
We will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Notice without your consent.